||los angeles, California|
|Experience Level: ||8 Years|
|Start Date / End Date: ||11/07/2013 to 03/30/2014|
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Architectural lead of division level projects within the Claims technology space, in both the application of technology as well as providing architectural solutions, direction and guidance. The role provides support in developing architectural solutions based of business requirements for complex business systems or developing strategic plans that may involve multiple technical architectures. Consults with management on development of detailed solution design documents and justification; analyzes, evaluates existing systems and processes for the company. Recommends alternative methods that incorporate appropriate technology solutions; researches areas of the company operations where problems in methods, practices and procedures exist in order to recommend, approve and develop more efficient manual or technical solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for translating client business requirements into specific architectural solution design
- Works with client personnel and executives to identify functional requirements and subsequently works with and leads efforts in the identification, justification and design of client solutions.
- Responsible for a wide range of design activities from requirement analysis through systems, applications and/or process design specification.
- Requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures, as well as broad knowledge of new technologies (SOA, iPaas, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
Skills & Abilities:
- Provides technical and business leadership within the organization.
- Responsible for assignments that are broad, and may be strategic or tactical in nature
- Contributes to strategic, operational, and tactical plans that are aligned with the corporate mission
- Perform the lead role in execution of software evaluations, development of architecture impact analysis, delivery of system design documents and proposals of many different types.
- Lead role in the preparation and evaluation of complex work plans and proposals
- Formulates standards and guidelines for assigned area
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement activities
- Provides consultation and direction to management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change
- Deals with moderately diverse problems or activities in related functions.
- Provides consultation and direction to senior management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change
- Technical Architecture Role Leads the analysis and development of strategic plans involving multiple technical architectures for a small to site level size enterprise. Involves facilitation of senior user management and analysis of critical business success factors related to technology.
- Demonstrates and has expert knowledge of multiple methodology expertise, strategic planning information engineering focus expertise, advanced technology development at the enterprise level, and formal facilitation (Joint Application Review/Development).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Actions: Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum.
Physical Environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Education Requirements: Four year college degree or 15+ years equivalent industry knowledge, MBA/MIS a plus.
Experience Requirements: 10+ years of experience in a task/proposal lead role
Special Skills Requirements:
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required; role is highly visible to executive leadership
- Strong background in Claims process and administration systems is a MUST
- Working knowledge/experience with architectural principles and concepts is required
- Experience in the evaluation, selection, integration and implementation of 3rd party packaged Claims software.
- Background in Claims system data architecture, data governance and business process management is required.
- Working knowledge of Claims processing, functions and rules.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise SOA concepts, process and service design
- Background in application development with experience in defining, development and implementing policy administration custom applications, software packages and 3rd party SaaS offerings highly preferred.
- Knowledge of IBM IAA canonical model is a plus.
- Develop System Architectural Design documentation with formal presentations to the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Ability to work with IT and Business executives to develop tactical and strategic business process, system evolution and architectural road maps.
- Provide thought leadership as it relates to Enterprise Architecture, Governance, Standards and Best Practices
- TOGAF certification is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required; role is highly visible to executive leadership.
Experience in leading division level projects
- Current ongoing awareness of technology and business trends to determine where to apply new technologies.
- Knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of difficult assignments.